How’s your day going? Pretty good? Mine too, thanks.
Don’t ask Milwaukee Brewers’ pitcher Michael Blazek that, however. His day has been pretty bad. Why? Because he gave up six homers to the Washington Nationals in two and a third innings. Five of those came in the bottom of the third, four from consecutive batters. The breakdown:
- Bryce Harper hit a two-run shot to right. No other damage.
- Blazek retired the side in order. Yay!
- Max Scherzer walked
- Brian Goodwin homered to right, Scherzer scored
- Wilmer Difo homered to right center
- Harper homered again, this time to center
- Ryan Zimmerman homered to left center
- Daniel Murphy flied out — the crowd sarcastically booed him
- Anthony Rendon homered to left
So, take heart. Even if you are having a bad day, it’s probably not as bad as poor Michael Blazek.
UPDATE: Harper doubled in a run and Bryce Harper hit a two-run shot in the fourth to make it 12-0. Someone needs to put a stop to this before someone gets killed.
UPDATE: Now Jose Loboton has homered. This is madness. And it’s something to watch. The Nats now have eight homers: