Just when you thought Yoenis Cespedes had reached the pinnacle of interesting, something like this happens. As TMZ reports, a Mets employee named Theresa owns a tricycle which happens to be the same type of tricycle Cespedes had growing up as a kid in Cuba. In the spirit of doing something nice, she took her tricycle to an auto shop and had it, as the kids say, tricked out.
Theresa had the tricycle painted to match Cespedes’ Jeep Wrangler, one of the myriad vehicles with which he’s arrived at spring training. The tricycle’s seat is even stitched to look like a baseball. You can see pictures in the TMZ article linked above.
In response to Theresa’s thoughtfulness, Cespedes paid for her car’s custom work, including custom rims and new paint.
For those keeping score at home, so far Cespedes has:
- Arrived to spring training in all kinds of fancy vehicles, including a Lamborghini
- Sent a Mets employee out to get him waffles in his Lamborghini
- Caused an uproar, which may or may not have been based on a true Terry Collins quote, over wearing his baseball hat backwards
- Bought a hog at a county fair
- Sent the hog to a butcher, which earned him condemnation from PETA
- Played golf with Jeff Wilpon and some Mets beat writers
- Received a fancy tricycle as a gift
If Cespedes isn’t the most interesting player in baseball right now, I don’t know who is.