The end of the World Series means the beginning of the hot stove league. It also means the beginning of awards season.
There are more award now than ever. The BBWAA awards like the MVP and Cy Young Award we all know and love (and all love to fight about). MLB’s own shadow award that no one really cares about. The Gold Glove Awards which, venerable name aside, are completely irrelevant. Then some sponsored awards we forget exist each year until the moment they’re given and immediately forget again thereafter.
Major League Baseball just announced the timing of the handing out of these awards. At least the ones they broadcast on their television network. Plan your schedule accordingly:
- Monday, November 9, 8:00 p.m. ET: Players Choice Awards presented by MLB The Show
- Tuesday, November 10, 6:00 p.m. ET: BBWAA Awards finalists
- Wednesday, November 11, 6:00 p.m. ET: Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Awards
- Thursday, November 12, 6:00 p.m. ET: Silver Slugger Awards presented by Louisville Slugger
- Monday, November 16, 6:00 p.m. ET: BBWAA Rookie of the Year Awards
- Tuesday, November 17, 6:00 p.m. ET: BBWAA Manager of the Year Awards
- Wednesday, November 18, 6:00 p.m. ET: BBWAA Cy Young Awards
- Thursday, November 19, 6:00 p.m. ET: BBWAA Most Valuable Player Awards
- Friday, November 20, 8:00 p.m. ET: 2015 Esurance MLB Awards
So, basically, November 16-19 is all any of will really care about. And, if you’d like to just avoid watching these shows, check back here about the same time as we’ll be posting the winners. Because no matter how hard MLB tries to make entertainment out of these awards, they’re basically just news nuggets.