The National League and American League rosters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced earlier this evening and we predictably saw some high-profile snubs. The Esurance “Final Vote” ballot allows fans to select who they think should have made the cut. Here are the candidates…
- Johnny Cueto SP, Reds (2.84 ERA in 15 starts)
- Jeurys Familia RP, Mets (1.16 ERA, 22 saves)
- Clayton Kershaw SP, Dodgers (3.08 ERA, 147 K in 114 IP)
- Carlos Martinez SP, Cardinals (2.70 ERA)
- Troy Tulowitzki SS, Rockies (.847 OPS)
- Xander Bogaerts SS, Red Sox (.302/.339/.414 batting line)
- Yoenis Cespedes OF, Tigers (.292 with 10 HR, 44 RBI)
- Brian Dozier 2B, Twins (16 HR, .842 OPS)
- Brett Gardner OF, Yankees (.854 OPS, 9 HR, 15 SB)
- Mike Moustakas 3B, Royals (.301/.357/.436 batting line)
Of course, things could change if players get injured or bow out, but as of now Alex Rodriguez (16 HR, .902 OPS) will not be an All-Star this season. He’s clearly worthy from a production standpoint, so it’s a little silly to see him left off here, but let’s not let his exclusion overshadow his teammate Gardner, who deserves to be in Cincinnati as well.
You can vote here through Friday at 4 p.m. ET.