The game ended in a 2-2 tie, but the Braves used nine different pitchers to twirl a ten-inning no-hitter against the Astros on Sunday afternoon. Cody Martin got the start and struck out three over two innings of work.
The Braves scored once in the first inning on an A.J. Pierzynski RBI single. The Astros plated two in the seventh without a hit as pitcher Mauricio Cabrera loaded on two walks and a hit batsman. Runs then scored on consecutive ground outs to shortstop. The Braves tied it back up at two apiece in the eighth on a sacrifice fly by Todd Cunningham.
The Astros were using a split squad, but the Braves faced the better squad which included Jose Altuve, Colby Rasmus, and Chris Carter.
All nine pitchers of record:
- Cody Martin: 2 IP, 2 BB, 3 K
- Jim Johnson: 1 IP
- Josh Outman: 1 IP, 1 BB, 1 K
- Brandon Cunniff: 1 IP
- Ian Thomas: 1 IP, 3 BB, 1 K
- Mauricio Cabrera: 1 IP, 2 ER, 2 BB
- Lucas Sims: 1 IP, 1 BB, 1 K
- Justin Jackson: 1 IP, 2 K
- Jairo Heredia: 1 IP, 1 K
- Total: 10 IP, 2 ER, 9 BB, 9 K