This is interesting: the Indians are starting six weeknight games in April and May at 6:10 p.m. rather than the usual 7:05-7:10 we tend to see. The games:
• Tuesday, April 14 vs. Chicago
• Monday, April 27 vs. Kansas City
• Tuesday, April 28 vs. Kansas City
• Wednesday, April 29 vs. Kansas City
• Tuesday, May 12 vs. St. Louis
• Wednesday, May 13 vs. St. Louis
The team hasn’t formally announced it or explained why yet.
If memory serves the Rockies do this sometimes. Or maybe the Astros or Diamondbacks? One of those sort of out west teams has 6:00 or 6:30 starts. My assumption is that this encourages more people to hang out downtown after work, head over to the game and still get home at a reasonable hour, but it’s just a guess.
The beat writers will like it, that’s for sure.