The Orioles made their deal with Delmon Young official, formally announcing their one-year, $2.25 million contract with their DH/OF. He can earn an additional $750,000 through incentives
To make room for Young on the roster, the O’s designated catcher Ryan Lavarnway for assignment. So far, this is Lavarnway’s offseason:
- DFA’d by the Red Sox in late November;
- Claimed by Dodgers in early December;
- DFA’d by the Dodgers about a week later;
- Claimed by the Cubs around December 19;
- Waived by the Cubs around December 23;
- Claimed by the Orioles as soon as the Cubs waived him;
- DFA’d by the Orioles today.
I assume he’ll be on a team when spring training starts. But he is quickly running out of teams.