This tweet from Adam McCalvy got me scratching my head:
— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) December 15, 2014
What does a “fan experience” which honors Bud Selig look like? Is it a bar? A Bud Selig-themed bar? If so, what does that look like? I assume it’s like this:
- You and three friends enter the bar and order beers, but the bartender claims no one has ever asked him for a beer before and suggests no one really wants beer. Frankly, he’s baffled by the request;
- Three years later, the bartender brings you and one of your friends beers, but not the other two friends, because they didn’t ask twice;
- Your friends without the beers complain, the bartender says, yes, there may be issues with the way the beers were served, and says he’ll look at the matter. Three more years pass with no answer;
- Three years later, the bartender comes back to you and says, no, we’re pretty satisfied with how the beer thing was handled in general and assures you that this is the best possible solution to all of this;
- The bartender is then given a host of awards and is begged by the bar owners, constantly, to never leave employment with this bar because holy crap, what would they do without him?