The Giants were down 4-1 to the Cardinals after the top of the third inning Wednesday night in Game 4 of the NLCS at San Francisco’s AT&T Park, but they’re now carrying a 6-4 lead into the top of the seventh.
Here’s how the Giants scored their three runs to jump on top of the Cardinals in the bottom of the sixth …
- Juan Perez walked
- Brandon Crawford singled to right field, Perez to second base
- Matt Duffy sacrifice bunt, Perez to third base, Crawford to second base
- Gregor Blanco reached on fielder’s choice (a poor throw home by Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams), Perez scored, Crawford to third base
- Joe Panik grounded out to first base, Crawford scored, Blanco to second base
- Buster Posey singled to left-center field, Blanco scored
It was a miserable defensive half-inning for Adams, who made a poor throw that allowed Perez to score the tying run and then failed to turn what should have been a double play on Panik’s grounder right back to him.
The Giants are nine outs away from grabbing a 3-1 lead over the Cardinals in this best-of-seven NLCS.