The American League had some notable starting pitching snubs when the rosters were unveiled this evening. So it is no surprise that the five American Leaguers on the Final Vote list are starters:
- SP: Chris Sale, Chicago White Sox
- SP: Corey Kluber, Cleveland Indians
- SP: Rick Porcello, Detroit Tigers
- SP: Garrett Richards, Los Angeles Angels
- SP: Dallas Keuchel, Houston Astros
On the National League side, it’s all hitters:
- 1B: Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- 3B: Anthony Rendon, Washington Nationals
- 3B: Casey McGehee, Miami Marlins
- 1B: Justin Morneau, Colorado Rockies
- OF: Justin Upton, Atlanta Braves
Voting closes on Thursday at 4 PM ET.
Prior to Wednesday afternoon’s game against the Giants, the Astros announced that outfielder Josh Reddick has been placed on the 10-day disabled list due to a leg infection. Outfielder Jake Marisnick has been recalled from Triple-A Fresno.
Reddick, 31, has only started two games in the last week due to the leg issue, so it makes sense that the Astros would simply put him on the DL to free up the roster spot. He’s hitting .227/.331/.409 with six home runs and 18 RBI in 154 plate appearances this season.
Marisnick, 27, put up a 1.014 OPS in 23 plate appearances with Fresno. His major league numbers this season are much less impressive, batting .141/.151/.282 in 87 trips to the plate.