Well, the headline kind of says it all, but:
#Rangers have agreed to terms with INF Adam Rosales on a 2014 big league contract worth $750,000. He had been arb eligible.
— Richard Durrett (@espn_durrett) November 14, 2013
I’d like to think that this represents some stability in Rosales’ life after a year in which he was passed around like a bowl of mashed potatoes on Sunday dinner. As a reminder, this was Rosales’ 2013:
- He was with the Athletics until August;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And then;
- The Rangers claimed him again.
Nick Punto is in Oakland now, so maybe Billy Beane will stop toying with Rosales. Maybe not. Either way: he knows that he’s gonna make $750K next year, no matter where his travels take him.