Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Sunday night’s season-opening game between the Rangers and Astros at Houston’s Minute Maid Park. First pitch is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET. It’s on ESPN.
TEXAS RANGERS HOUSTON ASTROS
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Jose Altuve, 2B
2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Brett Wallace, 1B
3. Lance Berkman, DH 3. Chris Carter, LF
4. Adrian Beltre, 3B 4. Carlos Pena, DH
5. David Murphy, LF 5. Justin Maxwell, CF
6. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Jason Castro, C
7. A.J. Pierzynski, C 7. Matt Dominguez, 3B
8. Mitch Moreland, 1B 8. Brandon Barnes, RF
9. Leonys Martin, CF 9. Ronny Cedeno, SS
SP Matt Harrison, LH SP Bud Norris, RH
If you’re checking out the game and want to chat, consider this an open thread. BASEBALL IS BACK.
Pirates prospect shortstop Cole Tucker stepped up for an injured Erik González on Saturday and wasted little time proving that he was ready to shoulder major-league responsibilities. After starting the game 0-for-2, Tucker pounced on Derek Holland‘s 2-2 sinker and sent it out to center field for a two-run shot in the fifth inning.
Following the tie-breaking blast, Tucker responded to cheers from the crowd with… perhaps a little more ceremony than the occasion required. He was the second of the Pirates’ prospects to record his first major-league hit during the game, as outfielder Bryan Reynolds also hit a single off of Holland in the fourth.
Jung Ho Kang struck out to end the inning, after which a rain delay was called. The Pirates currently lead the Giants 3-1.