Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta missed yesterday’s game when he had an allergic reaction to clam chowder after eating the soup without knowing what it was. He was ambushed, really.
This is the type of story you don’t just give up on covering, obviously, so Jason Beck of MLB.com has an update:
Jhonny Peralta confirms he ate clam chowder by mistake yesterday. Said they had potato soup in clubhouse recently that looked the same.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 12, 2013
Life in an MLB clubhouse is a lot more exciting than I imagined, assuming you’re really into soup.