Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said during the final week of the regular season that contract talks with David Wright and R.A. Dickey were his top priority going into the offseason. Six weeks later, there’s no resolution with either player. However, Alderson told Marc Carig of New York Newsday earlier this evening that he’s hoping to change that before the Winter Meetings begin on December 3.
[tweet https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/269584232953806848 align=’center’]
[tweet https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/269584561330073600 align=’center’]
[tweet https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/269587463180267520 align=’center’]
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported earlier this week that the Mets made an offer to Wright and received a counter proposal. Talks reportedly aren’t as far along with Dickey. If progress isn’t made by early December, it’s possible both players could be on the trade block.
Wright is set to earn $16 million in 2013 while Dickey will make $5 million. They are both due to hit free agency next offseason.