In 2011, after he was traded from the Mets to the Brewers, Francisco Rodriguez fired his agents, Paul Kinzer ad Arn Tellem, and hooked up with Scott Boras. He later sued Kinzer and Tellem, claiming that they didn’t properly file the paperwork to activate a no-trade clause K-Rod negotiated for and that the no-trade clause would have included the Brewers on it.
For their part, sources close to Kinzer and Tellem said that the paperwork was filed, and that this was a lot of Boras bluster, with the real dispute being one of form over substance. Moreover, sources told me at the time that Rodriguez wouldn’t have blocked a trade to Milwaukee anyway.
Whatever actually happened is academic now, because the suit has been settled. That leaves Boras to go find K-Rod a big contract now with which to pay his legal fees.
There was some thought that Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton would soon be activated from the injured list. Stanton has been out since the beginning of April due to biceps and shoulder injuries. It will be a little while longer.
The Yankees announced on Wednesday that Stanton’s rehab has been halted due to tightness in his left calf. Stanton was scratched from Tuesday’s rehab game with High-A Tampa due to tightness around his left calf and knee, so this news didn’t pop up out of nowhere.
Stanton recorded a pair of singles and seven walks in 15 trips to the plate in the only three games he played this season, all against the Orioles. Durability has always been a concern for the 29-year-old, but he managed to play in 159 games for the Marlins in 2017 and 158 for the Yankees last year. He’s in the fifth year of a 13-year, $325 million contract originally signed with the Marlins.