Yeah, I know you all hate “speedball” in that song. Me too. I hate it more that people think that “Glory Days” is a baseball song. Outside of the first two damn lines of the song it’s about people living in the past. It’s no “Atlantic City” or “The River” in terms of depressing, but it’s kinda sad. But I digress.
A more solid baseball connection between The Boss and baseball is happening this summer: tour dates at major league ballparks:
- Rogers Centre, August 24;
- Citizens Bank Park, September 2;
- Wrigley Field, September 7;
- Nationals Park, September 14; and
- Asbury Park, Fourth of July (Sandy)
Without checking, I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that the home teams will be on the road at those times. If not, well, that would be kind of a mess.