The fourth and final Opening Day is today. Thank you, Major League Baseball, for taking what is normally concentrated enjoyment and dividing it up into smaller, less-than-satisfying chunks! The schedule:
- Chicago White Sox at Texas 2:05 PM Danks vs Lewis
- Minnesota at Baltimore 3:05 PM Pavano vs Arrieta
- NY Yankees at Tampa Bay 3:10 PM Sabathia vs Shields
- St. Louis at Milwaukee 4:10 PM Garcia vs Gallardo
- San Francisco at Arizona 7:00 PM Lincecum vs Kennedy
- Colorado at Houston 7:05 PM Guthrie vs Rodriguez
- Kansas City at LA Angels 10:00 PM Chen vs Weaver
- Seattle at Oakland 10:05 PM Vargas vs McCarthy
- LA Dodgers at San Diego 10:05 PM Billingsley vs Luebke
Pavano! Arrieta! Feel the excitement!
The Indians announced on Tuesday that starter Trevor Bauer has been placed on the 10-day disabled list due to a stress fracture in his right fibula. Pitcher Tyler Olson has been recalled from Triple-A Columbus.
Bauer, 27, took a line drive from José Abreu off of his right ankle in the seventh inning of Saturday’s start against the White Sox. He was attended to by a trainer before leaving the game.
Bauer has been among the game’s best starters this season, owning a 2.22 ERA with a 214/56 K/BB ratio in 166 innings.
Olson, 28, has pitched 18 subpar innings in the majors this season. With Triple-A Columbus, he posted a sterling 1.86 ERA with 15 strikeouts and one walk in 9 2/3 innings. Olson missed some time earlier this season with a lat strain.