Fun thing about being on Twitter all day is that when something happens you get hundreds of people rushing to make all of the jokes and the profound observations as soon as humanly possible. And so it was with that earthquake that just hit the east coast. Within five minutes we had:
- 1,245 “hey, did everyone feel that earthquake?” tweets;
- Many “we felt it [insert increasingly distant places from the coast]” tweets;
- Countless “you guys are total wusses” tweets from the west coast;
- Many un-tweeted but certainly thought “don’t bitch next time it dips below 60 degrees, Californians” sentiments;
- A handful of remembrances of the 1989 World Series quake from old baseball writers; and
- Our own D.J. Short lamenting that the quake has disrupted his trip to Chick-Fil-A. Never forget.
Anyway, this has nothin’ to do with baseball, but I don’t have coworkers here with whom I can waste my day, so let’s use the comments thread to remember The Great East Coast Quake of 2011.