I’m in the process of writing up a bunch of phony, snarky predictions for 2011 for the Rotoworld annual. It’s thus rather refreshing to read some actual predictions for 2011 that are backed by some genuine baseball thought. The thinker is Joe Sheehan, and some of his predictions are going to rile some of you:
- The Phillies will not be as dominant as you think;
- The Orioles will be a (sorta) contender;
- There will be tons of trades;
- No managers will be fired;
- Ticket prices will fall;
- There will be greater parity; and
- The Red Sox will win it all.
For the reasons — and I agree with more of them than I disagree with — you have to click the link. Good stuff.