Pettite is pitching for sure in 2010, but the Yankees had better up their offer

Leave a comment

Buster Olney is reporting that Andy Pettitte is done dithering and will pitch in 2010.  Joel Sherman of the New York Post is reporting, however, that he has rejected the Yankees’ first offer, which was one year and $10 million. That seems like a raise for Pettitte, but that’s about what he made last year with incentives and everything.

If what everyone says is true, Pettitte only wants to pitch for the Yankees, so assuming this gets done, it will probably get done for only slightly more than that.

Padres to place Franchy Cordero on DL, activate Hunter Renfroe

Denis Poroy/Getty Images
Leave a comment

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the Padres will place outfielder Franchy Cordero on the 10-day disabled list and activate outfielder Hunter Renfroe from the DL on Monday.

Cordero, 23, has been slumping, batting .140 with four extra-base hits in 47 plate appearances dating back to May 11. The Padres noticed that the forearm issue has been affecting his swing in recent games. Manager Andy Green said, “It was something where he could swing a certain way to manage it. But swinging that way was not him.”

Renfroe, 26, has been out since mid-April due to inflammation in his right elbow. He hit .200/.281/.440 in 57 PA prior to landing on the disabled list. Renfroe played in 10 rehab games with Triple-A El Paso.