MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro has the news from Miami:
A timeline has been established as to when Giancarlo Stanton may be back in the Marlins’ lineup. The All-Star right fielder says he is hopeful to be back in about a week and a half, which means unofficially it could be the Sept. 4 series opener against the Mets at Marlins Park.
Stanton broke the hamate bone in his left hand on June 26 and underwent surgery two days later. He’s been taking swings against a pitching machine since early last week and recently added live batting practice to his daily workout routine. “I’m getting my timing and I’m almost to where I want to feel,” the 25-year-old slugger told MLB.com on Tuesday. “I’m feeling good. I’d say I’m still about a week and a half [away].”
Stanton still ranks fifth in the National League in home runs (27) despite being sidelined for two months.