Below you’ll find the starting lineups for Sunday night’s season-opening game between the Rangers and Astros at Houston’s Minute Maid Park. First pitch is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET. It’s on ESPN.
TEXAS RANGERS HOUSTON ASTROS
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Jose Altuve, 2B
2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Brett Wallace, 1B
3. Lance Berkman, DH 3. Chris Carter, LF
4. Adrian Beltre, 3B 4. Carlos Pena, DH
5. David Murphy, LF 5. Justin Maxwell, CF
6. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Jason Castro, C
7. A.J. Pierzynski, C 7. Matt Dominguez, 3B
8. Mitch Moreland, 1B 8. Brandon Barnes, RF
9. Leonys Martin, CF 9. Ronny Cedeno, SS
SP Matt Harrison, LH SP Bud Norris, RH
If you’re checking out the game and want to chat, consider this an open thread. BASEBALL IS BACK.
KTAR News is reporting that Diamondbacks outfielder Yasmany Tomas was arrested on Thursday morning for driving faster than 100 MPH, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety. He was charged with reckless driving and criminal speeding.
The maximum sentence for a criminal speeding charge is up to 30 days in jail and a fine up to $500. It is considered a Class 3 misdemeanor. Tomas may also have his license suspended.
A Diamondbacks spokesperson said, “We are very disappointed to learn of this news. We are still gathering facts, and will refrain from further comment at this time as this is a pending legal matter.”
Tomas, 27, signed a six-year, $68.5 million contract with the Diamondbacks in December 2014 as an amateur free agent out of Cuba. He has mostly disappointed, owning a .769 OPS while playing subpar defense in the outfield as well as at third base, where the club briefly tried him. He battled a groin injury for most of the past season and ultimately underwent core muscle surgery in August.