Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the ALDS between the Orioles and Yankees, in New York:
BALTIMORE ORIOLES NEW YORK YANKEES
1. Nate McLouth, LF 1. Derek Jeter, DH
2. J.J. Hardy, SS 2. Ichiro Suzuki, LF
3. Chris Davis, RF 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B
4. Adam Jones, CF 4. Robinson Cano, 2B
5. Matt Wieters, C 5. Alex Rodriguez, 3B
6. Jim Thome, DH 6. Nick Swisher, RF
7. Mark Reynolds, 1B 7. Russell Martin, C
8. Ryan Flaherty, 2B 8. Curtis Granderson, CF
9. Manny Machado 3B 9. Jayson Nix, SS
SP Joe Saunders, LHP SP Phil Hughes, RHP
With his team’s back up against the wall, Buck Showalter will use the same lineup he did in Game 3. Joe Saunders is back on the hill for the Orioles after allowing one run over 5 2/3 innings in the one-game Wild Card playoff game against the Rangers last Friday.
The Yankees have made a number of changes following their dramatic victory last night. Derek Jeter is in the lineup after leaving last night’s game with an injury to his left foot, but he’ll serve as the designated hitter. Meanwhile, Jayson Nix will fill in at shortstop. Alex Rodriguez is back at third base after serving as the DH last night and later being pinch-hit for by Raul Ibanez, but he’ll slide down to the fifth spot in the order. Mark Teixeira will hit third while Nick Swisher and Curtis Granderson both slide down a spot. Notable by his absence is Ibanez, who will once again be available off the bench as a late-inning pinch-hit threat.
The 2017 MLB award season officially drew to a close on Friday with the Esurance MLB Awards, handed out to the best hitters, pitchers, front office members and moments in the 2017 season. Jose Altuve was crowned the Best Major Leaguer overall, beating out fellow finalists Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge, while two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber took home honors as Best Pitcher.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Best Rookie: Aaron Judge
- Best Defensive Player: Nolan Arenado
- Personality of the Year: Adrian Beltre
- Best Postseason Major Leaguer: Jose Altuve and Justin Verlander
- Best Postseason Moment: Alex Bregman‘s 10th inning walk-off single in Game 5 of the World Series (video)
- Best TV/Radio Call: Joe Buck and John Smoltz call Jose Altuve’s game-tying three-run blast in Game 5 of the World Series (video)
- Best Play (Offense): Nolan Arenado completes the cycle with a walk-off homer (video)
- Best Play (Defense): Austin Jackson‘s over-the-wall catch in the Red Sox’ bullpen (video)
- Best Single-Game Performance: Anthony Rendon‘s six-hit, three-homer, 10-RBI game (video)
- Best Player-Fan Interaction: Joey Votto gives Walter “Superbubz” Herbert a bat and jersey (video)
- Best Fan Catch: Fan’s brother-in-law grabs Yasiel Puig home run ball and chucks it back on the field (video)
- Best Manager: A.J. Hinch
- Best Executive: Jeff Luhnow
No surprises here — the world champion Astros ran away with seven awards, including those for Best Manger and Executive and a dual award for Best Major Leaguer of the Postseason. Altuve added to an impressive run this offseason after earning a Silver Slugger, two Players Choice Awards, Hank Aaron Award and MVP Award for his outstanding work in 2017, while Yankees’ slugger Aaron Judge continued to be a lock for all AL rookie-based awards after locking down the Rookie of the Year title earlier this week.