Those deer antler spray people are suing Major League Baseball


Remember last year when we told you about how ballplayers are using a spray made from ground up deer antlers as some sort of performance enhancer?  And then about how Major League Baseball sent a warning to players that they shouldn’t use a particular brand of the deer antler spray because it could lead to positive drug test results due to contamination of some kind?

Yeah, the manufacturer didn’t like that, and now they’ve sued Major League Baseball:

Nutronics Labs alleges that, last summer, the league told its players to stop taking what became one of the latest performance enhancers so as not to risk testing positive for methyltestosterone, even though it wasn’t listed as an ingredient. As a result of what the company calls “false, misleading and malicious” statements by MLB, Nutronics says its business was significantly damaged and as much as $50 million in business could have been lost.

“We were getting calls left and right,” said Dr. Richard Lentini, CEO of Nutronics Labs. “People wanted refunds. We kept telling them that what baseball [league] was saying wasn’t the truth. But we’re the little guy, they wouldn’t believe us.”

And another march to court begins.  Can’t wait until Andy Pettitte flip-flops on the stand in this one. Although maybe he’ll be disqualified as a witness based on where he lives in the offseason.

Yoenis Cespedes says he’s 100%

Yoenis Cespedes
Leave a comment

Yoenis Cespedes, who took a pitch off his hand last week, scaring the bejesus out of Mets fans, said today that he’s “100 percent ready” for the NLDS against the Dodgers.

He sat out Thursday and then went 2-for-7 with a double and a walk in the Mets’ remaining games. While he only had bruises on those fingers, pain and discomfort have, in the past affected guys who have been hit on the hands, messing with grip and power. Cesepdes saying that’s not an issue is a good thing.


Ichiro Suzuki is re-signing with the Marlins for 2016

Ichiro Suzuki

Fresh off his season-ending pitching debut, Ichiro Suzuki has decided to re-sign with the Marlins for 2016.

Joe Frisaro of reports that an official announcement will be made later today,

Suzuki was one of the worst players in baseball this season, hitting .229 with one homer and a .561 OPS in 153 games as a semi-regular for the Marlins at age 41. He hasn’t topped a .700 OPS since 2010, hitting a combined .268 with a .304 on-base percentage and .342 slugging percentage in 769 games during the past five seasons.

He’s also just 65 hits short of reaching 3,000 for his MLB career and presumably the Marlins like being involved in that upcoming milestone and having the well-liked future Hall of Famer in the clubhouse to keep him around in what will no doubt be a lesser role.