- Ian Snell comes out of retirement. Vows to avenge the death of his friend Apollo Creed. I think. I dunno. I didn’t read it.
- Francisco Rodriguez is gonna make it easy for the Mets to trade him. Or keep him. Or whatever. The point is, he’s flexible.
- Miguel Cabrera’s lawyer suggests something shocking about his client’s DUI arrest. Cabrera may have been sitting in … a ghost car!
- Willie Mays debuted 60 years ago yesterday. Like a boss.
- Orlando Hudson’s groin, Ian Stewart’s hamstring. They all blend together for me after a while.
- Joe Blanton will be shut down for 3-4 weeks. Which is no biggie, because lack of physical activity is right in Blanton’s wheelhouse.
- And, as you’ve probably already seen, the Phillies-Reds game was bananas, while the end of the Giants-Marlins game was a bunch of applesauce.
Oh, and be sure to check back later today as I discuss baseball ethics through the lens of Kant’s categorical imperative and Rawls’ original position. And you think I’m kidding.