I can certainly understand why professional athletes would be unable to stop from staring at themselves whenever they happen to wander in front of a mirror. After all, the vast majority of them are supreme physical specimens. But let’s hope the practice of taking racy photos of themselves in front of these mirrors is not going to be a growing trend.
Because if this is going to become the biggest thing in the sporting world since Zubaz, we’re going to have to endure a lot more awkward apologies from the likes of Greg Oden, and today, Grady Sizemore. As reported by the AP:
Indians outfielder Grady Sizemore never intended for semi-nude photos of him to be viewed publicly and said he regrets the embarrassment their exposure has caused.
Sizemore said he had sent the photos to his girlfriend, but they were stolen from an e-mail account and posted online. He went so far as to ask MLB for help in stopping the distribution of the embarrassing pics.
So just remember people, if you’re going to take a picture of yourself, just keep it on your camera, or if you must, carry around a couple wallet-sized shots. But don’t, under any circumstance, put it on the Internet, because as we all know, you just can’t trust the World Wide Web. Do you hear me Prince Fielder? Don’t even think about it!
Are you on Twitter? You can follow Bob here, and get all your CTB updates here.
The Reds announced on Tuesday that starter Scott Feldman underwent season-ending arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. The right-hander was placed on the disabled list with knee inflammation on Friday.
Feldman, 34, made 21 starts this season, posting a 4.77 ERA with a 93/35 K/BB ratio in 111 1/3 innings. He’s a free agent after the season but may have to settle for a minor league deal going into 2018 given his age and recent injury woes.
Following an embarrassing scene at Fenway Park earlier this year in which Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was taunted with racial slurs and had peanuts thrown at him, Major League Baseball will implement a universal code of conduct for fans at major league ballparks starting next season, ESPN’s Scott Lauber reports.
MLB spokesman Michael Teevan said, “We are working with the clubs on security and fan conduct initiatives at all of our ballparks. We will be issuing a league-wide fan code of conduct for the 2018 season.”
As Lauber notes, every team has its own code of conduct but some are more thorough than others. The Red Sox added “hate speech” to their code of conduct after the Jones incident and Major League Baseball, unsurprisingly, wants to make sure fans at every ballpark are clear on what behaviors will and will not be tolerated.
Since the Jones incident, Major League Baseball has been encouraging teams to be more inclusive, though Kennedy clarified that “there’s not been any directive or mandate.”